The product includes three licenses. Installation doesn't require a restart. An included bootable recovery disk can rescue your computer by detecting and removing malware without booting the compromised OS. If you aren't able to download the software because of a malware infection, you have the option to download a specialized tool to preemptively scan your PC and remove the threat to accommodate a clean install.
The Kaspersky interface is effectively organized. You can set your preferences and let the software protect your computer without constantly monitoring it. Scans and updates happen automatically by default. The software includes real-time security as you surf the web, communicate via email or IM, and download, access and open files. In the event of an infection or potential threat, the software immediately lets you know and provides quick access to identify and fix the problem.
Kaspersky keeps up with current hacking technology by preventing exploits that might come via legitimate applications such as Java and Adobe Reader. It also prevents hackers from locking your system in conjunction with a ransomware attack.
- Real-Time Protection against viruses, spyware, trojans, worms, rootkits, botnets and more.
- Small Hourly Signature Updates
- System Watcher proactively detects dangerous activity on your PC
- Vulnerability Detection seeks out compromised programs and recommends patches
- Anti-Phishing protects your digital identity
- Virtual Keyboard provides secure entry of online banking and shopping information
- iChecker/iSwift provide intelligent scanning for maximum performance
- Gamer Mode for an uninterrupted gaming experience
- Free Technical Support (Phone, Live Chat, E-mail, Knowledge Base)
- Works great with Netbooks
- Rescue CD restores your system if maliciously attacked
- About 480 MB free space on the hard drive (depending on anti-virus database size)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Microsoft Windows Installer 2.0
- Internet connection for product activation
- CD/DVD drive for installation of the program from the CD
- Processor 800 MHz or higher
- 512 MB available RAM
- Processor 1 GHz 32-bit /64-bit or higher
- 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- CPU: Intel Atom 1.33Mhz (Z520)
- RAM: (1 GB) 1024MB (DDR2-533Mhz)
- Hard Disk: 160GB (5400rpm)
- Video Card: Intel GMA950 + 64 MB
- Screen: 10.1’’
- OS: MS WinXP Home Edition
There is a virtual keyboard and gamer mode. The virtual terminal lets you input sensitive information such as credit card numbers, passwords and other personal information by clicking on the digital keyboard with your mouse. While it's no way to type an essay, the virtual keyboard does circumvent attempts by keyloggers and keystroke-recognition malware to steal your information. The game mode makes it possible to enjoy full-screen video without interruptions.
A feature we'd like to highlight is the desktop security gadget. The sleek gadget docks on your desktop and provides better access and awareness of your system security at all times. The antivirus widget will change color if your security is at risk, and it includes quick links to the most important aspects of the software. You can even drag and drop files directly to the gadget for an immediate manual scan. The buttons and even the appearance of the gadget are customizable. And if you don't like it, you can always disable it.
Frequent updates are essential for effective antivirus and antispyware protection. Kaspersky Anti-Virus updates on a regular basis for continual security. Updates run in the background. The software can also help you identify and locate essential updates for your system and other applications. The vulnerability scan checks for outdated drivers and keeps you on top of crucial security updates. The tool also identifies settings that you might want to adjust for optimal security.
Help & Support: 10/10
The software includes context-sensitive help that opens to comprehensive information that corresponds to where you are in the software. You can also connect with a support team member over the phone and via online live chat.